Summit on Security
The fifth annual 9/11 Memorial & Museum Summit on Security, presented by Fiserv, took place on Thursday, November 10, 2022. It included virtual access to impactful, on-demand content that brought together some of the world’s leading voices on security matters from across the public and private sectors to build on the discussion of how to make companies, cities, and nations safer.
2022 Summit Highlights
The event’s critical dialogue was convened by 9/11 Memorial & Museum Chairman Michael R. Bloomberg and Fiserv, Inc. Chairman, President, and CEO Frank Bisignano, with Bloomberg QuickTake Chief Correspondent Jason Kelly as emcee. In our fifth year, we were privileged to have the partnership of Summit on Security Chairs Roger W. Ferguson, Jr., Immediate Past President and CEO of TIAA; Jeh Johnson, partner at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton and Garrison LLP and former Secretary of Homeland Security; Admiral William H. McRaven, U.S. Navy (Retired); and Caryn Seidman-Becker, co-founder, Chairman and CEO of CLEAR.
Today, government leaders, corporate executives, and personnel across sectors continue to respond to global physical and digital security challenges presented by the conflict in Ukraine and other crises around the world. This year’s program concentrated on our collective resilience in the face of a growing list of food, energy, economic, and cyber security challenges, the application of emerging technologies in response to these threats, and ways to better educate the public about related issues.
Speakers at the 2022 Summit included:
- Paul Abbate, Deputy Director, FBI
- Shelly Banjo, New York Bureau Chief, Bloomberg
- Frank Bisignano, Chairman of the Board, President, & CEO, Fiserv
- Peggy Collins, Washington Bureau Chief, Bloomberg
- John M. Esposito, Chief of Operations, FDNY
- Scarlet Fu, Senior Editor, Bloomberg Markets Desk
- Richard Glick, Chairman, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Elizabeth L. Hillman, President & CEO, 9/11 Memorial & Museum
- Robert A. Iger, Chief Executive Officer, the Walt Disney Company
- Jeh Johnson, Partner, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP and former Secretary of Homeland Security
- Sean Joyce, Global & U.S. Cybersecurity Risk & Regulatory Leader, PwC Consulting Segment
- Jason Kelly, Chief Correspondent, Bloomberg QuickTake
- James Manyika, Senior Vice President for Technology & Society, Google
- Andrew "Drew" Marsh, Chief Executive Officer, Entergy
- Admiral William H. McRaven, U.S. Navy (Retired)
- David Sanger, White House and National Security Correspondent, the New York Times
- Stephen Schmidt, Chief Security Officer, Amazon
- Caryn Seidman-Becker, Co-Founder, Chairman, & CEO, CLEAR
- Dr. Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, Homeland Security Advisor, The White House
- Vice Admiral Jan E. Tighe, U.S. Navy (Retired)
All funds raised by this event support 9/11 Memorial & Museum public and professional programs and the organization's annual Salute to Service programming in honor of veterans and their families.
The 9/11 Memorial & Museum is grateful for the support of the following 2022 Summit on Security sponsors: Presenting Sponsor Fiserv and Media Sponsor Bloomberg, as well as Craig Newmark Philanthropies, Roger W. Ferguson, Jr., Morgan Stanley, and Underwriter Laboratories Inc.