The 9/11 Memorial Museum will reopen exclusively for 9/11 family members on the 19th anniversary of 9/11. It will reopen to the public, five days a week, starting on September 12.
Family members can now arrange free advance timed tickets to visit the Museum for the 19th anniversary of 9/11 through the family member ticket portal. Advanced timed tickets are also available for the 9/11 Memorial Museum’s reopening to the public on Saturday, September 12.
All visitors to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum must wear CDC-approved face masks and follow all health and safety guidelines, Visitors to the 9/11 Memorial Museum should also prepare for ongoing operational changes to ensure a safe Museum experience.
All Museum tickets must be purchased in advance for timed visits that allow for social distancing. Temperature screening for visitors before entry are one of the many operational changes we are making to honor our commitment to keep visitors and staff safe.
These are other vital operational changes and considerations to expect as we work to provide a safe and healthy environment for all visitors and staff:
- Museum capacity will be reduced to 25 percent to allow for proper spacing among visitors.
- The Museum's operating hours have been reduced to allow for deep cleaning.
- Certain parts of the Museum will remain closed and services including the café, coat check, and water fountains will also be unavailable in adherence to government guidelines.
- The Memorial is cleaned and disinfected in line with CDC/EPA guidelines.
- The 9/11 Memorial & Museum has taken the STAY WELL NYC PLEDGE.
- Are you traveling to or returning to New York? Please review and follow New York's guidelines outlined in its travel advisory for anyone returning from states with significant cases of COVID-19.
The Museum will be open Thursday and Friday from 12 to 7 p.m. and on Saturday through Monday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Museum will be closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
The Memorial's hours of operation will be adjusted upon Museum reopening to mirror the Museum as much as possible and will remain open 7 days a week, from 12 to 7 p.m. on Thursday and Friday and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday through Wednesday.
The entrance to the 9/11 Memorial is on Greenwich Street across from the Oculus. The exit is on Liberty Street, on the south side of the plaza.
Learn more about how to get here, accessibility resources, visitor guidelines, and where to visit nearby.