Permit Application for Musical Performances
The 9/11 Memorial provides space on a limited basis for musical performances by individuals or groups who wish to pay tribute to and honor the nearly 3,000 killed in the attacks on September 11, 2001, February 26, 1993, and all those who risked their lives to save others. We ask that all potential performers assist in the commemoration of these lives and join us in bearing solemn witness at this site made sacred by tragic loss.
After completing this application, you will be prompted to submit a $35 permit processing fee.
It is the policy of the 9/11 Memorial & Museum (9/11 Memorial) to allow for certain public events including musical performances and official and military ceremonies by permit only. Prohibited activities include third-party vending, leafleting, protests, and rallies, and any activity that has the effect, intent, or propensity to draw a crowd of onlookers, except those activities specifically mentioned above. The 9/11 Memorial reserves the right to amend this policy at any time and for any reason. Completion of the application does not guarantee a permit will be issued.
Application Rules Regulations
- All permit applications for musical performances are subject to a $35 nonrefundable application fee.
- Applications will not be reviewed or processed until payment is received in full.
- Payment must be made via credit card. Instructions for submission of payment will follow submission of the application.
- Please allow 10 business days for review and processing of your application after payment is received.
- Permits are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. If your selected date is fully reserved, you will be notified by the 9/11 Memorial and your permit will be given priority on the next available date.
- Limit one permit issued per individual/group per 90-day period.
Performance Rules and Regulations
- Permits will be issued for a maximum of 15 minutes. There will be no exceptions and performance times will be strictly enforced.
- Use of amplified sound is forbidden.
- Performances cannot exceed a decibel level of 85. Any violation of this decibel restriction will result in the immediate revocation of the permit and may result in removal of performer(s) from the Memorial.
- All equipment must be provided and transported by the performer(s) and size restrictions may apply.
- All performers and equipment are subject to security screening.
- Absolutely no solicitation or signage of any kind is allowed on the Memorial.
- Performance location on the Memorial will be determined at the sole discretion of 9/11 Memorial staff.
- Performer(s) may not interfere with traffic flow on the Memorial or disrupt other Memorial visitors in any way.
- Any use of the 9/11 Memorial name or logo without pre-approval in writing from the Memorial will result in immediate revocation of the performance permit.
- Performers agree to follow the 9/11 Memorial & Museum visitor rules and regulations as detailed here.